View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
nemeckle
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Basics to making rosters/franchises?

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to roster editing on ESPN NFL 2K5. I hadn't played the game for probably close to 10 years until I stumbled across it in a box in the basement. After finding it and my original xbox I played it for hours. I just couldn't put it down. I have done roster editing in Madden for sometime but decided to set that aside and try my hand at 2K5's roster editor. I am shocked at how easy the editor is to use compared to the one I use for Madden but I do have some questions specifically when it comes to ratings. My plan was to cross the ratings for Madden 18 when the spreadsheet comes out in early august. However I realized when digging through the 2K5 ratings that some of the rating either don't have or I had to guess on the equivalent Madden Rating. So I played with the Madden 17 spreadsheet to come up with a rating scale. I have what I did here. I put the ones I was really unsure about in bold text.
2K5 rating - Madden 17 Rating
Speed-Speed
Agility-Agility
Strength-Strength
Jumping-Jumping
Pass Accuracy-Average of the five accuracy ratings
Pass Read Coverage-Average of pass accuracy and awareness
Arm Strength-Arm Strength
Scramble-Elusiveness (Not sure on this one ex. this gives Russell Wilson an 81 and Cam Newton and 87 while a less mobile Tom Brady a 30)
Leadership-??????? I have no idea any suggestions would be appreciated
Composure-Awareness?????
Hold on to the Ball-Carrying
Run Style-Will have to personalize based on other ratings
Stamina-Stamina
Durability-Injury
Break Tackle-Trucking
Catching-Average of the 3 catch ratings (This gives Jordy Nelson a 94 and OBJ a 95 with a lot of guys falling between 70 and 85)
Run Block-Run Blocking
Pass Block-Pass Blocking
Run Routes-Average of Route Running and Release (Gives OBJ a 93 and a guy like Cordarrelle Patterson only a 67
Run Coverage-Power Moves
Pass Rush-Finesse Moves

Tackle- Average of Tackle, play recognition, pursuit and hit power (Gives JJ Watt a 94 and Mack a 91)
Coverage-Average of Press, man coverage, zone coverage and play recognition (Gives Sherman 92 and Rhodes a 88)
Consistency-Awareness. I know I already used this once but I am not sure what else to use here either
Aggressiveness-Toughness
Kick Power-Kick Power
Kick Accuracy-Kick Accuracy
Before I spend a lot of time putting these ratings in does this look like it would work? If not or it appears good but I should tweak certain things I would love some input from experienced roster makers.I don't want to arbitrarily put ratings in for the ones that don't have an exact equivalent cause I am certain that will result in a terrible roster.