View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 05:24 AM   #5625
andanesean
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFBC
Your highlighted comment above is 100% accurate of course, and I do apologise for not crediting the amazing amount of input to these sliders (both movement and tactical). My bad!

I do acknowledge the amazing amount work, input and know-how of truly dedicated, deep-thinking and (perhaps most importantly) caring people on this forum who want to make a good game into a great game! Kudos to you all!

On your other points, again I agree. The level of user control over the sliders is of course set by EA themselves; the parameters of control can only be taken so far, left or right (slider-wise!) - but I still think the amount of research by ALL (Matt10/Krebstar clearly being, as I believe Matt himself said: "project managers") has got us all a game that is at least approaching some semblance of realism.

Which I think is what we are all striving for - with the possible exception of EA!
You are a friendly man and I respect your way of showing gratitude. My point may not be clear enough. It is crucial to me that it is the whole that creates development, not the individual. But of course we are a bunch of egos in here, some bigger than others. But that means nothing to me!. What is important to contribute with what you have and that you are open and can disagree with disagreement.
Yes, we all want to make FIFA sim-like, there is no doubt about this. We have high expectations for the game, which shows that it has come a long way since 96. There are many factors that make it not always easy to understand what affects what and how much?. What you see is not sure what I'm experiencing, vice versa. I want to ask myself if it was EA's intention with Sliders ?. That they saw the possibility that users spent a lot of energy on improving them. The same with CTT, I'm not saying that's right, I just allow myself to think freely. Because we love to nerd with the 2 factors, and in no way want them to disappear. EA protects itself by not being transparent, without a doubt. But the question is then, what are they hiding?.
Advertisements - Register to remove