Old 07-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #5626
SteveFBC
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
You are a friendly man and I respect your way of showing gratitude. My point may not be clear enough. It is crucial to me that it is the whole that creates development, not the individual. But of course we are a bunch of egos in here, some bigger than others. But that means nothing to me!. What is important to contribute with what you have and that you are open and can disagree with disagreement.
Yes, we all want to make FIFA sim-like, there is no doubt about this. We have high expectations for the game, which shows that it has come a long way since 96. There are many factors that make it not always easy to understand what affects what and how much?. What you see is not sure what I'm experiencing, vice versa. I want to ask myself if it was EA's intention with Sliders ?. That they saw the possibility that users spent a lot of energy on improving them. The same with CTT, I'm not saying that's right, I just allow myself to think freely. Because we love to nerd with the 2 factors, and in no way want them to disappear. EA protects itself by not being transparent, without a doubt. But the question is then, what are they hiding?.
Your reply, as always, is interesting and I agree.
The highlighted comment is very interesting;
What they are hiding is their real MO (latin: Modus Operandi) which I believe is to have as many humans as possible play their game (which is fine) regardless of their abilities (which is also fine) and give them a better than 50-50 chance of beating a much superior opponent (which is not fine, either to the opponent or to the player him/her self)

But on this of course, we all agree (?)

I will say that, without people such as yourself, Krebstar, Matt etc. we would be merely unhappy players of this otherwise fine game, the amount of adjustment/influence over the game might be small but as more wake up to the real issues with the game* we can only hope that EA listen and DO something!

*A good start would be for EVERYONE to NOT be suckered into micro-transactions! You would get more return from dropping your money into a fire pit...

Last edited by SteveFBC; 07-27-2017 at 06:28 AM.