View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #24
awg811
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Please tell me "speed boost" is gone in NBA2K18

Everyone is saying that speed boosting is realistic or is a fast first step.
I argue that it is neither.

You have attributes for speed and speed with ball, but nothing at all for quickness or agility.

I have real life friends that are slow as molasses, but are quick and have a quick first step.
This has nothing to do with speed.
A mean first step is the result of quickness, agility, and deception, not speed.
But, in 2k17 a quick "first step" is actually a speed boost!

If you are moving with the ball, speed with ball is in effect when you hold turbo. But, when you do one of the speed boosting dribble moves, that speed is increased.
That's speed boosting!

Now, if you want to say that it's just a quick first step, please explain why that speed boost continues to last after the first step and through more dribble chains.

Speed boosting needs to be removed, but a quick first step should replace it.

I'm not making this argument because speed boosting is hard to guard, but because it's unrealistic.
There are very few speed boosters that are very good at making it work against a good defender.
Most become extremely predictable because that's all they can do, what they rely on, and can only pull it off going in one direction.

That's my opinion based on Pro Am. I'm sure that it is different other game modes.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app