View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #23
UFCMPunk
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Franchise Mode Custom Draft Board (MoonlightSwami)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I agree. And every draft I've seen it already seems like there is a plethora of franchise QB's in it. I especially don't like what was said about how if a position doesn't have talent one year, it won't happen in consecutive years. Why is that not something that is dynamic? It's not like after the 2011 draft the next year there was automatically a ton of good QB's. It seems like the same thing as gameplay where they're afraid if someone has a bad draft or makes a bad pick they're going to put down the game and the end result is making everything so easy that nothing bad ever happens.
I was floored when he said that, because each year you hear experts say, this group of WRs isn't as good as last year, or the Offensive Line group isn't that good, or it's a bad quarterback class, etc. Sometimes it happens consecutive years where a position doesn't produce talent. Funny thing is they went through all that work when the solution was under their nose the entire time.

That solution.... EDIT the draft class BEFORE the Draft. Let the players choose how top heavy a position is, or how bad a certain position is. If we scout and know that talent is bad at QB and we need a QB, from what we just found out. We can get a Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh McCown for a one year band aid knowing we can get our Franchise QB the following year since the QB position won't be bad two years in a row.

I want that real life gamble teams take in the draft every year. It's not like the Panthers in 2011 just said screw it, we'll wait for Andrew Luck in 2012 and trade the farm for him if we have to and pass on Cam. Or the Jaguars just sit back and not trade up for Gabbert because they can just wait to trade up for RG3 or Tannehill in 2012. There needs to be that gamble where we take a guy and he busts and we pass on a guy a la Aaron Rodgers and he's making me regret passing on him while I still haven't found a franchise QB.