Old 08-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #3795
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, glad to see you've made the switch to turning all the assists off. I've been using AP default sliders for months now but with all assists off. Definitely gives the CPU some slight help, but nothing wild.

I also regretfully moved back to XP sliders to default. I never paid attention before, but after a recent test, I did notice they impacted the game play. Crazy, but true. Once I started paying attention to it, I was stunned to see the difference. I had CBs at 180% and my team was averaging 3 INTs a game over several games and a few more deflects. With the OL and HB higher, I was running much better (and again, I play coach mode, so no human effect here). I will say I liked having QB at 80%...got way more realistic comp % but that also might have led to the increased INTs. Anyway, bottom line is that I'm not going to mess with them...just begrudgingly keep XP at default and watch it take 5 years for my Superstar guard to move up 3 overall rating points. ;(
The one thing I will say is that if we had more time before M18 dropped, I would probably try to go through and manipulate the XP sliders for gameplay effects (and combine with getting some reasonable settings for XP gains). The funny thing is that in looking at TDawg's setup, the areas he adjusted for XP purposes aren't too far off the areas/positions where I'd like to see enhancement or de-hancement (is that even a word....lol..it is now). In some respects, I think it would potentially be a better way of manipulating gameplay without going through the inane practice of adjusting the actual gameplay sliders. I'll be watching the M18 XP slider research closely as far as TDawg's work goes and we'll see how well the game balances at default.

As far as the assists go....I could pretty much make an argument for a number of settings. I really considered turning on all four as I loved the improvement on CPU offense due to the switch assist. However, the game really felt a bit on the fast side, In some respects, it IS user preference...but the gameplay itself isn't the same from one setup to another. I think turning them all off has the advantage of removing those influences from the game.

My M18 GOAT pre-load started this evening
Advertisements - Register to remove