View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #68
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2 NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Announced - '96-'97 Miami Heat & '98-'99 New York Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by World1
I can't really agree with this. This makes it seem more like they are novelty players when really they are two of the greatest players in the history of the NBA and Hall of famers. People want them for that reason.

It's not say, a season specific version of a legend -- e.g. Wizards MJ. Yeah we'd forget about that. Because we have a better version of him, the version that fueled his lore. People want to play as that suns team WITH Charles. That Pacers team WITH Reggie. They want them to be entities in their MyLeague seasons, etc....

It's sorta ridiculous to think people want them because their aren't bigger superstars to want and not because people actually want to play as them.
Perhaps my point was muddled. I, too, would like have Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, Chris Webber and each of their corresponding classic teams accounted for. I'd love for my 2004 Pistons to have a 2004 Pacers counterpart (and the Bulls and Knicks another 90's counterpart). I'd love to finally have those sunburst jerseys used properly on an authentic '93 America West Arena and the return of a Chris Webber Kings team and maybe a Bullets squad would be super peachy for a Michigan guy like myself.

I'm just saying the absence of Reggie and Charles has kind of taken on a life of its own. Again, I get that those guys and their teams are yearned for. I'm there with you guys. But we've just about reached a point where I'm not entirely sure people are joking when they hint that their absence might be a game-breaker for them, as if we don't have at least 70 of the top 100 players of all-time already included in the game.

Perhaps I'm saying that I'm not sure any additions could fully satiate our desires for classic teams. Our attention would just move to whatever's next on the missing list. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-16-2017 at 01:52 AM.