Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
Sucram7777
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Started my Jets franchise today. Going to play as the OC, so playing only offense and letting CPU handle a portion of the team management (resigns, fa bidding, partial scouting). Started with 32 teams to prevent FA's from being signed and to let current rostered players have chance at final 53. Will probably retire the coaches (sans created Bill Belichick and my HC Todd Bowles).

Currently at Week 4 of the Preseason, played Week 3 vs Giants and Week 4 vs Eagles (force won weeks 1/2 to match current standings). McCown 'won' the QB battle, or in other words didn't play as bad as Petty or Hack against the Giants. Tiny bit of drama against the Eagles though, McCown went down on an incompletion after getting destroyed by Graham and left the game with a high ankle sprain. Petty and Hack actually put decent efforts in but afterwards happy to see McCown will be ready for week 1.

Have cuts to make, figured I'd sim and see who the CPU cuts, reload and make one or two overriding decisions in case it's a young O player I want to develop. With four players on IR and 17 cuts to make, probably looking at 7-8 cuts after PS signings.

Some big injuries after week 3; Dak will be out of 6 weeks, Gronk for 4, David Johnson 7, and L. Bell will miss the season opener for Pitt. Giants and Dolphins have been hit hard with injuries, maybe need to drop slider a touch.

I love when people go into detail like this. Not just his team, but the big happenings around the league. Looking forward to hearing more!
Advertisements - Register to remove