View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #1237
thesportsguru11
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Williamson ruled out for National Title Game with lower back injuries

UConn is going to have an uphill climb if they want to win their second national title.

The Huskies lost star running back Luke Williamson to injury in the second quarter of the Allstate Sugar Bowl against Nebraska, and despite having a week to rest up, Williamson has been diagnosed with multiple bruises and a lower back strain, rendering the star running back out for the CFP National Title Game against Oregon on January 11.

Williamson fought back tears as he made the announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Williamson
I've let my team down.. I've worked so hard all year and to not be there in the most important game.. you have no idea how much it hurts that I can't help this team win the national title.
The curtain will close on Williamson's season, and he has had one of the best individual campaigns in school history. Williamson has touched the rock 368 time for 1,914 yards and 27 touchdowns, a school record. Williamson also caught 20 balls for 358 yards and two touchdowns. Williamson has accounted for 174 points this season, also a school record.

The sophomore finished second in the Heisman race, just under 100 points behind winner Andy Merriman of Nebraska.

Coach Diaco announced that redshirt freshman J.P. Byers, on the heels of his epic performance in the Sugar Bowl, will be the starting tailback in the National Title Game over senior Jeff McNeal and sophomore Carlton Parker.

-------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
Good job getting to the natty! Looks like it'll be a shootout in East Rutherford
Thanks again BookWork!

As we'll see in a couple of days when the game preview goes up, Oregon has probably the best roster we've seen all year. I'm also going to give you a bio on their quarterback, who is also the best we've seen all year. It will be a really, really good game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
It legit blows my mind how you dominate teams with those sliders. Nebraska should've at least been a bit of a challenge, I'd think.

Funny how Mizzou ended up with only eleven regular season games.

I'd wish you good luck, but you clearly don't need it. Lol. Can't wait to see how the cold weather title game turns out.
I'm glad you mentioned this because I can actually segway into this.. I've found a set that I used in the Natty and I'll use them moving forward into Season 8 and beyond.. I'm now using JoshC's 50-ish Slider Set on All-American difficulty. I'm very impressed and I've gotten some really good games with them. We'll see how they work!

For as much success as I've had this season, I've actually been frustrated with my sliders. One of the reasons why this dynasty has gone on this long is because I'm not winning all the time. We aren't dominating. That hasn't really been the case this year.

Sure I had some good, close games this season.. Tennessee, West Virginia and Kansas State all could've and maybe should've been losses, but we've absolutely blown some really good teams out of the water.. Michigan, Nebraska, Texas (albeit banged up), Oklahoma State. It's puzzling to me.

I've been using a set that Matt10 sent me a couple years ago. And they worked really well for a long time. I had a 9-4 season and a 10-3 one.. and then they didn't work as well. The game got easier. Maybe I got used to them or something but I'm not too sure. I've been tweaking and trying out other sets.. that's partially why I took so long to play the playoffs.

As I've already said, Oregon is a very good team. With Williamson out, we might need your luck after all!

Southern Miss also ended up with 11 games.. when UCLA won one of their national titles early in the dynasty they only got 11 regular season games. It happens sometimes and I don't really know why.

Thanks for commenting nofx!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.