Old 08-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #169
Flazko
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrig13
I've found that there are roster edits that can fix these issues. The problem lies in the QB player traits. Within CFM, there is a 'forces passes' trait that does not exist in any other game mode for some reason. It's 'balanced' if I'm not mistaken.

The fix is a two step process. First, you have to edit the front end roster QBs sense pressure trait to Ideal, Paranoid, or Trigger Happy. Only the first 5 or 6 QBs should have Ideal. The rest should be Paranoid or Trigger Happy. Secondly, you have to enable 'throws ball away' for every QB and also move their QB style one slot right. Pocket Passer styles become Balanced, Balanced become Scramblers, and Scramblers remain the same.

Finally, if you plan to play in CFM, you have to edit out the 'balanced' force passes out of the rosters inside the CFM mode. This can be done thru the My Team->Rosters menu. Simply go thru every QB and make sure none of them have the 'balanced' forces passes trait. They should all be 'ideal' or 'conservative.' Thru testing, I've learned that there is no discernible difference between what would be considered 'balanced' and 'conservative.' So simply change every QB with 'balanced' forces passes to 'conservative'

All in all the process takes about a half hour, but I believe it's so worth it. It doesn't remove the statues completely but it significantly decreases them. Typically, I'll see about 1-2 per game and they don't always result in a sack. Once a defender gets close, the QB will try to scramble or throw the ball away with about a 50% success rate.

It's likely that Flazko didn't experience the statue issue because I'm assuming he's playing on All-Madden. For whatever reason, the statue QB almost never happens on All-Madden.
I'm using All-Pro, I just seriously haven't seen the issue. Thanks for helping and sharing tips for those who have been experiencing the problem.