View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 AM   #419
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

I'm starting to wonder, I LOVED the responsive jukes and spins in the ea access version. I now have the retail version, and it feels more like M17, now? ☹️

Lol. I'm not sure if it's just the fact I've played a few more games now. But, in ea access, oh man, those jukes were crisp and responsive. But, now, I feel like I'm getting the slow down animations we've seen for years. Anyone else noticing this? I'm truly wondering if the ea access and earlier versions (like ea play) where people were enjoying things weren't really meant to be in the final product? Lol.

And, Falcons fans, cheer up, the MBdome is OPEN in CFM. I'm not sure if it's dependent on weather or time of year, but I just played a game and noticed the sun shining in. I thought it might just be the giant window, but I looked up and saw blue sky. So, that's cool. And, lots of lighting effects in there because of the different angles of light coming in and it was dynamic, too. As the game progressed, the shadows changed. So, that's an unexpected surprise. I thought they were going to have it closed in CFM like last year.

And, Ezekiel isn't suspended in my CFM. ☹️. Lol. And, he GASHED me for 258 yds on the ground with a ridiculous 76 yd run where he spun and juked 3-5 defenders near the LOS and took off!!! It was actually realistic, though, and I enjoyed seeing a high rated back actually use jukes and spins and beat me. They won by 4 points, I think. I threw an INT in the end zone that was returned for TD. That was the big X factor in the game. But yeah, Zeke ran all over me.

Oh, and same game. They got the ball back with a min left up by 4 and I had no timeouts. What did they do? Run, pass, knee. Lol. I think the announcers even mentioned they thought they should go for knee already. So, some poor end of game scripting, there. It totally threw me off when they passed on 2nd down out of a tight running formation. Maybe, he audibled because I had a tight run D on him or something. Lol. But, if I had known and int'd, it could've won me the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk