View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #17
htown5933
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Guff's Sim Slider Set

Man, I had to take a minute to write this. I hope I'm not jinxing it, 'cause I just tried your sliders and FINALLY saw the CPU QB not HOLDING the ball and throwing way downfield way too many times in a game.

I'm pretty OCD and very particular when it comes to stats being as close to realistic as possible (if you've downloaded my draft rosters the last few years it's kinda' obvious I'm a little OCD about things lol).

Anyway, I have always messed with sliders and can almost always find a good mix/balance to get realistic stats.

But, so far this year NOTHING I was trying was working. I could get MY stats to be fine and even the CPU yards per carry stats to be fine. The number of plays in a game too.

But, if you didn't up the CPU pass blocking there would be way too many sacks. If you took care of that, the CPU QB's average yards per attempt was way too high (should be in the 8ish yards per attempt or so).

When I saw your CPU QB Accuracy at 100 I thought "No way". But so far, at least through one game, the CPU QB ACTED more realistically.

I hope so bad this is real lol. I've managed to get a good realistic game in before trying these, but it's rare. The CPU yds per attempt is normally just so bad it makes it no fun. The constant sitting in the pocket was such a turnoff.

If this works like it did in my first game, I owe you a cold one, sir!

I definitely get your philosophy on getting stuffed several times but breaking off a few bigger runs gives you the yards per attempt you want, but I still may up the user run blocking a tad. In my first game Zeke averaged just 3.7 yds per carry vs the Giants. (not totally unrealistic).

May also drop the user QB accuracy (I was using 30 before trying yours). Dak just completed 82% with 10.4 yds per attempt.

P. Perkins destroyed me too. But, he had a 70 yard run. Without that, he averaged 4.5 yds per carry. May drop CPU run blocking just a tad.

But, man... props to you for figuring this out! So hopeful I continue to see the CPU QB acting more normal!

(P.S. Eli did complete 70%, and it was higher than that til the last drive where he clocked it and threw a couple hail mary's... but, that's OK... Dallas' D allows higher completion percentages. Main thing is Eli only averaged 6.3 yards per attempt. Plus, the Giants had "just" 3 sacks and I only had two!)

Last edited by htown5933; 09-04-2017 at 07:45 PM.