Old 09-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #522
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
[QUOTE If someone doesn't have the game, why are people giving their opinions in a thread about retail impressions?
With the amount of very intelligent, football knowledgeable sim style players putting up videos, you can get a very good gauge as to how the game plays without plunking down your money for it. You've got to get a feel for steering away from the folks who always say the game is great, or always say the same is terrible. Trust you eyes and decide whether or not the game is for you.

Studying videos of this nature brought me back to Madden last year, after a 5 year hiatus. However, it was those same type of videos that I watched this year that steered me away. It certainly didn't take a rocket scientist to see that this game was aimed at attracting new users and pushing MUT. The offline franchise mode, both features and cpu programming, were placed on the back burner. Ironically, I can't help but think that the one addition that looked promising in coach adjustments, might be the reason for some of poor cpu coverage concerning zone awareness and aggressiveness and odd pauses by the corners just as receivers get into their breaks.

I think Madden 17 is/was outstanding and I am still enjoying it. Improved user custom gameplan set up and a more diverse CPU gameplan design would have rendered this game a 10 in my humble opinion. I hope the majority of folks who bought 18 are enjoying it as well. I think 19 has a chance to be amazing with another year under their belt with the new engine, provided they assign enough of their staff to focus on gameplay. Peace Road and thanks for your impressions as well.[/quote]

Thanks Edge, I sincerely appreciate you point of view and it certainly makes sense.

I understand you can trust your eyes, but I also feel you should experience something before giving opinions.

It's probably more on me because I've always believed if you saw only a trailer of a movie and thought the trailer was trash and didn't attend the movie, you shouldn't render a opinion on movie as a whole.

Just different different point of views and I appreciate your take.

Last edited by roadman; 09-07-2017 at 09:16 PM.