Old 09-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #46
scitychamps87
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I would love to see Clint, with his activity on Twitter, actively engage the User vs CPU crowd concerning the MOST important aspects of CPU AI that needs addressing.

My perception is that there are no developers, or so called "heavyweights" in the community who can really move the needle on CPU improvements. Even you guys who interview the devs really don't ever ask really detailed and direct question about the CPU AI issues. It's always so User vs User centric even amongst people are are sim oriented. I know the answer, but I'd still like to see if they would actually answer questions about why fixing CPU AI is such a low priority for them.
The USER v. CPU crowd definitely needs its voice heard. There are some glaring AI issues especially on offense which I tend to call the lack of a "killer instinct" on drives. Most AI QBs in the game, especially on default sim All-Pro, tend to check down too much. Also, another glaring AI issue seems to be picking up blitzes from users. I can stuff the run on nearly every single play against the CPU. I'd love to see the CPU make use of the same tools we use as users (e.g. ID the Mike). This is something that has actually been one of the bright spots of the NHL series in recent years. The AI in NHL leverages the same dekes that the user uses. Albeit, that game has its own issues. Hopefully, in the long term, once every single EA game is on Frostbite some efforts can be taken to improving the AI in addition to depth of features. I think these things are coming, based on the devs (Clint and Rex seem like very passionate guys even if they don't perfectly represent the sim community every minute of the day), probably just not as soon as we would like.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--