Old 09-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #52
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So we all know that one of the reasons EA didn't work on CFM in Madden this year was because of Longshot and the franchise guys that worked on NBA Live 18 right? Well here's the problem, NBA Live 18.

Pastapadre released a review of the game and the details about it's Franchise mode are extremely alarming. This isn't just a battle between Live and 2k. There are issues, glaring issues.

Here is the full review but I'll snip the meaty stuff:

PastaPadre NBA Live 18 Review

This makes me extremely worried about the future of Madden's CFM because of the below, read on.

Yes of course this is an NBA Live 18 review in a Madden forum, but that's the problem. The same devs that worked on this franchise mode. The ones that were pulled away from our Madden CFM were working on Live 18's franchise mode and it's not looking very good.

It's worrisome, at the least.

And thats why EA really should just forget making basketball, because unless you have basketball junkies as devs, like NBA2k has, the game will never even be remotely close to the competition.
I really had hopes of buying Madden this yr, as I quit giving them money probably 5 or 6 yrs ago, do to the lack of effort put forth Dynasty/franchise, CCM, whatever you want to call it. I only play franchise mode no matter whether its football, basketball, baseball or soccer, although Im not much of a soccer fan, but I have enjoyed FIFA a couple yeas ago when I bought it.
But hearing that there was little to no effort put forth in CFM, I guess I will once again have to do without a football game.

Is last yr Madden worht the purchase? Has 18 improved at all in CFM, as in simulated stats? Big reason why I gave up Madden is Im OCD about stats, and I got so sick of the crap stats for Madden each yr.
I really hate not having a football game to play, but if sim stats are accurate, in CFM, and the AI happens to be smarter than it use to be, would it be worth getting Madden18 when price drops? Thanks

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts