View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #71
T4VERTS
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
TVerts (or anyone else that knows) I'm curious to know if you have any insight and can talk about decisions like tearing down the old franchise in Madden 12 and going the route of CFM?

Reason I ask is this. I remember watching/reading an interview on Madden 12 were a dev/employee stated that something along the lines of "it's your franchise, play it how you want to". The very next year we get CFM. In another interview for that game, a dev/employee stated that CFM was 2 years in the making. Which means they KNEW when they made Madden 12 that they were going to gut franchise, correct?

This year we were told not a lot went into CFM (they weren't kidding!) due to Longshots and NBA Live and the pulling of resources. But then we learn Longshots was 4 years in the making. So I wonder, if resources were already being pulled/shared prior to this year and if that would explain the stagnant state of CFM over the past couple of years.

If you can't speak about it, I understand, just asking. thx!
I'm not sure I am comfortable commenting on this as I don't have all the information to really add much. I can say as far as Live goes, the resource split was John. His time was split between the two games but I don't think development resources themselves were actually pulled.
Advertisements - Register to remove