View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #23
nunogomes
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron458f
Positioning is good, game looks good, feels nice on the ball, also the car stayed back with the instruction for a change
I noticed this too! I set Matic to stay back and he DID stay back! Canīt believe this is fixed, it was outrageous last year the way the CDM went forward.

I just donīt know what team ID and styles are because, the options for tactics are the same from years past... do they mean that they actually work this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
First match impressions:

Toronto (user) v LA Galaxy

Shot Error - 4 mins halves so would like shots on target, so much play in midfield, so I'm fine with some off target. Despite that, the shots were only 1 on target - and the CPU scored theirs.

Pass Error - I love how the CPU makes bad passes, but most of all, how the ball actually feels free. Many times they had to run on to the ball. This is something you just don't see in PES.
Height - Defensive line height seemed a bit low for TFC, but needs more looks here.

FT Control - Yeah, can't complain. There was a time I caught the CPU trying to short pass their way past my midfield, and the ball bobbled up in front of Osorio, and he had to take an extra touch as the ball jumped up into the air, to his chest, and back down to his foot, which he miscontrolled. I had to do a sliding pass to maintain possession.
Hey Matt! Good luck on the sliders this year!

About those things you mentioned above, i think itīs mainly tied to the (bad) teams you selected.

Played as Man. United against Man. City a couple of times, and they shot a good number of times, on target a good number of times also (world class).

The only thing i sensed in the passing is that altough they missplaced places a fair number of times, it seemed that close to the box, with less space, they kind of started passing very quickly and much more accurately. Just the feeling i got though...

The low height is a common thing on low rated teams i guess, so maybe that justifies it. Man. City playing against me, seemed to play fairly high up the pitch, like they should!

The sequence you mentioned about FT control, didnīt happen to me, maybe because M. City players have much better ball control than Toronto and LA?

Overall, since i had really low expectations, i had a fairly good first impression really. Need to play more games, but right now, i donīt really have clue of what game i will buy (first?) this year...