Old 09-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #94
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Part of me agrees with you Sword as I really want the CPU AI fixed, but I can't use that as an excuse for EA to not make significant improvements to CFM. Granted while the current CFM is somewhat serviceable, it's very bland and needs more features.

I would be fine with 3 upgrades from Deuce's list for next year ALONG with the CPU AI being fixed. That would sell me.
It is not an excuse.....it is called priority.

If EA felt said we have ex amount of resources and you need to choose:

CPU AI

More features on CFM

For Madden 19......to me the overwhelming answer on Operation Sports should be CPU AI.

If the gameplay is not where it should be....who gives a rats *** about a pretty franchise mode.

I mean think about that?

Re-playability starts with top notch gameplay. Always.

And again I guess the expectations of CFM are very high.......it needs improvements. But is far from “unplayable”

If the Tony Bruno Show were playing in the background of this Franchise mode......people would be like “wow”. I am serious. I played Madden 2005 and 2007 to death...In fact I played Madden 2007 all the way to Madden 10 on the PS3.....then ran back to it after I played Madden 10 with it’s stripped down franchise mode and overrated gameplay (to this day I think that game get’s so much praise when I personally thought it was not up to the standards of Madden 2005 and 2007....not even close).And they had micro transactions for their so called franchise mode that year!!! As well as on Madden 11!!

Anyway......I want a more robust franchise mode. But I think a lot of loud posters here are getting the priority list wrong for Madden 19.

It really needs to be CPU AI first and foremost and IMO it is huge undertaking for them to code and re-program this game to really compete with AI like The Show and NBA 2K.

That is my real wish......then, they can get franchise mode more up to snuff with a refresh. But in it’s current state....it is not nearly as bad as the forum seems to make it out to be.

I mean let’s be real here. Franchise mode on the PS3 Era including another vastly overrated title (Madden 12 where gameplay was horrid compared to Madden 16,17 and 18) was garbage. Pure sterile, lifeless garbage.

CFM on Madden 13, 25 and 15 to me was also buggy and a work in progress but on 16 and then 17 it really improved on it’s foundation.

The issue is a lot of gamers here that are pounding sand hate the XP system. Well.....that is the system EA has for CFM. I don’t think they are scraping it. If they do.....they better replace it with something amazing. Because it works. 32 man online franchises are thriving IMO.

As a solo offline franchise guy.....I am making it work for me (with house rules) with no issues.

The biggest area of opportunity for franchise mode is a true dynamic injury system and a vastly better presentation package in terms of news around the league (a weekly highlight show) and also game breaks (we are getting there as they do talk about games around he league on the ticker and are also talking about resigned players this year during your season). Immersion is critical and far reaching.

They are not looking to make this some super deep franchise mode......I just don’t see that.

Player roles returning would be great. Position battles would be great....these are easy to implement I would think.

But they are not overhauling this mode.

Start with CPU AI. Make it the best it can possible be with the power we have on this console. Add in better presentation elements within franchise mode and the games we play (hell the draft is actually good IMO with Adam Shefter and the draft classes and storylines with players). And that will go a long way to making the “Franchise” experience that much better.

It's not bad...and that is where I differ with some of you. This is a mode that for the most part (and with our intervention as with all other franchise modes across other sports games, let’s get real here) works and allows me to enjoy season after season of Madden (I play every game and do not use play the moments or sim). I typically get through 5 seasons before I want a change.

Can it be better....absolutely and it should be!!!

But that’s me...I can make it work. But I am done doing that moving forward. Madden 19 needs to blow me away on CPU AI and Franchise mode improvements. If the CPU AI is overhauled.....that will go a long way in making the game a lot better.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-13-2017 at 09:45 AM.