View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: F1 2017...How is your career going?

Well you inspired me so I did Monaco today.

Of course, rain through practice

Of course, I couldn't turn satisfactory times for the tire test, or fuel test and failed those.

Then, a rainy qualifying session (that I thought there'd be three of, but just one session w/3 laps, so naturally I quit after one lap and was stuck back 17th.

Then a rainy race....was not supposed to have to stop and stay on wets (25% races), but my front wing kept jacked by other drivers (not the track walls, though I did have a few replays for that too) so I wound up pitting three times and wound up lapped and 19th place. I also got to discover what blue flags are in F1 in this race since I was so off the pace.

So, that race sucked, but dammit I finished!!!!

I wanted some redemption so I broke the norm and ran another weekend for the next race in Canada I owned all of the practices and qualified 5th, and after some combat with Ferrari and a silver arrow I placed first in another 100% rain race w/one stop to switch from wets to intermediates.

Then I got promoted to 1st driver, moved up to 4th in driver standings, and the three teams who are most interested in me are Red Bull, Toro Rosso and Renault.

Take that, Monaco.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"