Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #231
SteelD34KC
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I wish I could remain optimistic but we have been hoping they were listening for what feels like years. I honestly don't believe EA would go "balls to the wall" even if they could, the focus has shifted and it didn't happen overnight. The writing is on the wall, EA is more concerned with grabbing the younger market and every year that market adds potential new customers as kids age so there is literally zero reason for them to devote anymore time to CFM then they absolutely have too. In the end the kids that "age in" so to speak far outweigh those of the "sim" community who don't purchase the game, throw in MUT providing an extra revenue stream and the H2H competitive crowd that does the tournaments and it's fighting an uphill battle at this point.

From a business perspective EA is smart, at our expense but smart none the less. They give out copies to the bigger youtube channels to get free marketing, those guys play MUT. EA fixes the pack odds for the bigger youtube channels that play MUT knowing they will then broadcast pack openings, people see them pulling high end cards and think its possible only to go buy a bundle and walk away with junk. It's literally all a shell game, EA markets consistently whether it be commercials, youtube channels, the game changer program etc and let the sales roll in.

I see no way EA ever puts CFM front and center. As an extention of that gameplay, at least in the way we want it, wont get the TLC that we desire. EA has a few months to prove me wrong if they can actually seperate the 3 modes and tweak sim to be what we want but I have this sinking feeling that the patches we see will address the game as a whole and not an individual mode.

In closing, lets be honest about some things. The braindead CPU QB issues have been around prior to this year. Last year they never ran at all, this year they rarely run but very rarely throw the ball away. A couple years ago there was that RT glitch where basically the RT wouldnt and couldnt block anyone, well take a peak at the stats as everytime I look my RT leads in sacks given up and LE's always seem to be at or near the top in sacks individually. As an example, my LE Solomon Thomas broke the single season sack record thanks to RT's struggling to block unlike a LT. Having said all that I am enjoying the game with certain house rules that others probably would have zero interest in utilizing, for me however its working but I really don't forsee a situation that results in me buying M19 without a major overhaul of CPU AI, playcalling and QB AI in specific.
This times ten.

Its happened to me, Im flippin' 43 years old (September 10th). I should know better shouldnt I? I already paid 60 bucks for the game.

I watch a few twitch guys, see some of my favorite streamers pulling 92 overall legends or 89 overall Odell's and Im like HOLY **** it can happen!

I pay 50 bucks for MUT points to get a 80 Overall PUNTER. Then open another pack and get a 81 overall PUNTER.

I should just know better. IF there is a next year for me, Ill probably play MUT. But will spend NO money on it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove