Old 09-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #314
Toupal
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
Verts, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all appreciate that you have access to EA and are gracious enough to pass their thoughts along to us. Seriously, thank you.

I completely agree that it's illogical to expect a major CFM overhaul in a single cycle. That's because of all of the (legitimate) reasons you included in your post. Collectively, we should temper our expectations, and hope for smaller amounts of significant improvements each year.

That being said, the part in bold is the main cause of most of the frustration around here, IMO. It's mostly about how we even got to this point on the first place, and this is based on two things:
1) Madden's CFM is lacking many features that other current sports games have
2) Madden is missing features that used to be in previous versions. (going back to PS2 era)

In the end, there's no legitimate reason either of these scenarios should exist. So when we're playing through CFM and get frustrated with it, IMO it's mostly predicated on these two things. And you're exactly right, EA put themselves in this mess.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!

I loved it when Clint came out and explained in detail why the Pro-Bowl was not playable. I am still annoyed that it is not playable, however I respect the hell out of his legitimate answer.

It is 2017... there is no reason anyone should be requesting features from a game that is 15 years old (an eternity in video game years). Could you imagine if people were still begging Apple to bring back features from the first iPhone???

Likewise with other games... I accept that some features don't cross-over to football. But things like custom draft classes, create a stadium, create a jersey, legitimate CPU AI, and many other features, it makes us ask why EA was awarded the exclusive NFL deal.

But in all seriousness, T4VERTS... you are a true friend to franchise mode and we thank you for what you have done.