View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #1
MacD
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post NBA 2K18 Innaccurate player tendencies and badges

Just yesterday I was looking up a box score and after noticing some things decided it might be good ideas to point out some innacurrate badges and tendencies that have crept out early on in the game. My hope is that it would help the team to correct some of it and that's why I'd like for us to back up our points with statistical data.

What I've noticed so far without doing much digging:

BADGES:

Avery Bradley - Pick Pocket (Gold) - while he is a great defender he averages only 1.1 steals in his career, with 1.5 being his career high.

Jabari Parker - Hustle Rebounder (Silver) - averaged 6.2 rebounds per game last season (15.1 DREB% good for 211 in the league, 5.3 OREB%, good for 172 in the league)

Robert Covington - needs a Defensive Stopper badge (probably silver)

18th in Defensive Rating last season, 3.2 Defensive Win Shares

Considered as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league today.

Evan Turner - Posterizer (bronze) - I'm not sure such a ground-bound player should have a posterizer badge (6 dunks this season, 8 dunks last season) and he's definitely not known for posterizing people.

(via Nickstank)

Nikola Jokic - Gold Flashy Passer and Silver Dimer (had neither before)
Patrick Beverley and Andre Roberson - Gold D. Stopper
Dwyane Wade & Dwight Howard - Downgraded various badges because they aren't who they used to be, and 2K is still badging them like they're near prime
Durant & J.R. Smith - Catch & Shoot upgraded to Gold
Kevin Durant - Added Rim Protector and Defensive Stopper
Marc & Pau Gasol - Catch & Shoot downgraded to Silver
Rajon Rondo - Took off Defensive Stopper
LeBron & Westbrook - One Man Fast Break upgraded to HOF
Kevin Love - Break Starter upgraded to HOF
Andre Drummond - Putback King downgraded to Gold

TENDENCIES:

Andre Roberson - several user noted that he is really trigger happy (60 in the three point tendency, league average for a SH is 56) and while he average 2.3 three pointers per game, we know he shoots them only when wide open and can be considered a reluctant shooter.

Al Jefferson - Standing Dunk Tendency - 70, Driving Dunk Tendecy - 80

Seems a bit high for a guy who barely gets off the ground. I've checked it after he dunked twice in one game. Jefferson had 10 dunks all last season (13 the year before and 15 the year before that) and his %FGA that are dunks is 0.21 (last year 0.28, the year before that 0.15).

GENERAL TENDENCIES:

This probably needs more data, but I've notieced a pattern with a teams having two stars (not sure, but it seems to be the issue with teams with new star players).

OKC - Based on a sample size of a few games: Westbrook seems to take the majority of shots, usually 20+ (6 minute quaters) while Paul George takes 2-4 shots. (same issue with Denver Nuggets - Millsap took 18 shots (6 minute quaters) while Jokic took 4 shots - but this could be an abberation, it was one game)

Hope you guys can contribute and we can contribute to making the game even more realistic!

Last edited by MacD; 09-29-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove