View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #51
kinsmen7
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise mode going? NHL 18

Seattle Spartans expansion. Doing alright...

Started out 1-3-0, then won 8 in a row. Started thinking about changing up the difficulty (though I've been outshot just about every game), until I got stomped in back to back games. First by Anaheim (#1 in the West), then the next night by Buffalo (Dead last in the East). Got back on track and am now at 14-6-1, and sitting pretty as the 4th seed in the West.

Duchene and Grabner are both leading the way offensively for me, with 19 and 20 pts. respectively. Not much offense from the rest of my forwards though, as Riley Smith sits 3rd with 11 pts.

Defensively, my top pairing of Jonas Brodin (2 g, 11 a) and Zach Bogosian (4 g, 7 a) are killing it.

In net, Korpisalo stole the starting job from Grubauer, but we have had a ton of back to backs, so Korpisalo has started 12 games, and Grubby has started 9. Korpisalo has elite potential, so I'm looking to start him about 50 times this year, with Grubauer starting the other 32.

Haven't had many injuries. Bogosian missed 3 games, and Patrick Berglund is now out for 3 weeks. Apart from that, we've been good.
Advertisements - Register to remove