View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #24
CaseIH
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is it that hard to code in AI to sub out when in foul trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm not trying to be flip, but it clearly is hard for them, because it has never been done correctly. Some years it's better than others but there is always problems in this area.

Whatever logic errors causes this issue is probably the same thing that causes all the problems with regular substitution patterns, i.e. starters who aren't in foul trouble being on the bench for the last several minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters.
Well actually they use to have it right, with AI managing foul trouble. I think it was around NBA2k13 or 14 they screwed it up, and they havent fixed it. Its stuff like this that burns my hide about NBA2k or devs in general, if you cant fix something, tells us, dont just ignore the issue altogether. There isnt no way they cant know this is a issue, many have complained about it, and unless they have never played the AI, which I doubt thats the case. Its also stuff like this that makes me even wonder if they test the game with Human vs CPU.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts