View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #781
TeleTex82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Although I respect your opinion, I just have to respectfully disagree - both with your hyperbole and your own impressions.

Saying the game is literally unplayable at 50 pass speed... I mean, c'mon. Most people play and enjoy the game at default, so let's be real here. Personally - if I wan't to be hyperbolic - I'd say the game is unplayable at 35 pass speed. Not only do I find the pass speed to be unrealistically sluggish, but I find it makes defending too easy.

But I'm not going to be hyperbolic because I know that we all have different skill levels and everyone tends to see things slightly differently.

I also don't understand what people are saying that they're able to do things with 35 pass speed that you can't at default. Including layoff passes, I haven't noticed anything I can't do at default. Maybe it's a difference in game speed or assistance settings that we're using?

I think maybe it's a pick your poison decision - do you want to play with some unrealistic attack by the AI (although your suggestion that the CPU will abandon all other types of attack is again an extreme exageration) or are you okay with a slower and easier gameplay?
Personally, I find 35 pass speed much more enjoyable on manual than 50. It feels closer to the Demo to me. For me it does two things, it gives me greater control of touch in close quarter situations, and it creates a greater distinction between the three types of passes: normal, through, and driven. That's just me though. I wouldn't say that 50 is unplayable but it does give it a "one pass fits all" feel. Again, this is just my preference while playing all manual and it is certainly subjective. I think that's the point of the sliders, to get to a point where the fundamentals are playing realistically so that we can then fine tune the mechanics of it to our tastes.

Downloading patch now.for PS4...

Last edited by TeleTex82; 10-05-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove