Old 10-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
clarkerots
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tabletop hockey games

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Great topic! I have played most of them over the course of the last 30 years.

For simplicity you cant go wrong with Strat O Matic. Many seasons available. I've been playing this game since about 1980!

For a little more depth Inside the Crease is very good and I would highly recommend it.

The most in depth game I've played and the one I am playing the most right now is Rinkside Hockey by FTP Sports. A little deeper on the learning curve but when you get it down, it's an incredible game.

Some others that are pretty good:

Shootout Hockey-most games can be played in about 15 minutes with full stats. An excellent supplement to any of the above for season replays.

BigBep-Another simple to play with tons of player ratings.

My video gaming has dwindled to almost nil over the past couple of years. Just got tired of the patches and updates and nonsense from dev teams. If you want realistic game play and opponents that play like their real life counterparts board games are the way to go
While we're on this subject, has anyone played Big League Manager? It looks almost like Monopoly, but hockey based. Looks very interesting, if you live near 4-6 super hockey fans and have the time to get together once a week.