View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #11
hotchocolate
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster - Which Season Would you Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
Ok, folks - I have been messing around with the roster editing options for a while now, and I think I'm ready to get started on a full season reproduction for real. However, I'm terrible at decision-making, so I haven't been able to pick the season I want to do. I also know that there are quite a few other roster makers already at work on single seasons, so I want to avoid overlap. Accordingly, I'm throwing this open to the wisdom of the crowd.

My plan is to create a full season roster with 14 players per team, accurate ratings, injuries, signatures, accessories, contracts, etc. There will be a full free agent pool with players who were actual free agents during the season (also including very recently retired players, guys who were in Europe that year, and so on). There will be at least one but hopefully more draft classes, to allow this to be suitable for franchise play over multiple seasons.

All I need now are votes on which season to use. Other roster makers are already working on 2000-2001, 1984-1985, and 1997-1998, so those are out; I've also already done 1990-91 and 1995-96 in previous years, so I'd rather avoid those. Here are the options:

1. 1986-87 (Len Bias on the Celtics!)
2. 1988-89 (the first season for the Miami Heat and Charlotte Hornets)
3. 1989-90 (the first season for the Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves)
4. 1993-94 (nothing special, but falls pretty much in the middle of what else is being created so it would give us the most coverage of all the seasons)
5. 2002-2003 (LeBron, Carmelo, and Darko in the first draft!)
6. 2004-2005 (the first season for the Charlotte Bobcats)

Whichever of these options gets the most votes by this time tomorrow is the one I will do. Please vote if you're interested; this project will be more fun if I have the sense that someone out there will actually use the roster once it's done :-)
1994-1995 Season
Advertisements - Register to remove