View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #155
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Going to throw an idea out there. I think being able to use the generic playbooks is more critical for immersion with this roster than the formation subs. So, I'm thinking about bumping-up fatigue in CFM to 55 (I think going any higher is pushing it) when using this roster. Even with default autosubs, RB rotation should still happen with this setting. The other advantage is that with higher fatigue, players have less stamina in their gauge. This will further limit the number of big plays, which should result in a more "grindy" experience better reflective of the era.
Last year I tried using mostly generic playbooks and the results were less than stellar. The playcalling tended to be too pass oriented. This year, the generic books, except for Run Heavy all have the pistol and wildcat formations. Those two kill the immersion factor for me. That is I have gone to the Ravens and Colts playbooks this year. While they call too many shotgun plays, the run/pass ratio is better both in game and in simmed games.

I am open to trying anything though.

I am getting more and more frustrated with M18. I really like it at first, but since the last update the pancake blocks are out of control. I cannot use my 2nd controller process in Play Now games without the game crashing.

There are certainly some things I like, but the bad is starting to get really annoying.

If you set up the generic play books and stamina like you are talking about, let me know how things work for you. I am always interested in picking up new info.
Advertisements - Register to remove