View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #149
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many have already stopped playing m18?

I am a simple man. I have enough fun with CFM as it is right now. I simply want CPU AI to be upgraded and catch up to the other two sports games I play.

Pretty simple.

Yet on M17 and M18 CPU AB AI went 5 steps backwards (now that I am playing M16 again). That is highly upsetting and mind boggling.

I enjoy Madden and applauded this team for the strides they have made in overall gameplay and presentation since M25. But the last two games really have a major wart and it can kill long term immersion. When the CPU AI can't be competent it is maddening and it is not fixable with sliders. Core CPU AI coding is heavily flawed and it is a major issue for offline franchise players.

And let’s not get into the so called tuning CFM supposedly got. I am still managing 32 teams for bone headed roster decisions and inept injury management and trades.

So again.....my mantra is fix the AI fix the AI fix the AI and a lot of the complaints would subside.

The single player experience is sub par against the CPU compared to 2K18 and The Show 17 (and probably FIFA and NHL if I would dare to say so).

And therein lies the issue. And I have said it before. Times have changed. We are dinosaurs and EA focus’s on MUT and online competitive play have put us on the back burner. Overhauling core CPU AI is not a priority.

And honestly......if the CPU QB’s played like they did on Madden 16 (fully patched version) this would be the best Madden game ever made. Make no mistake, the game is still good. It is a quality sports game. It just needs some TLC with AI.

Do that and things will be so much better for offline franchise players.

Still waiting..........
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23