Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #661
Toupal
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
This is something I've wondered about myself in the past few iterations.

I see post's like this stay on the front page for 2 months and DeuceDouglas's CFM Rebuild post highly regarded for over a year (and frankly, one of the best post's I've seen up here since I've discovered this place)... yet I keep hearing people spout the same rhetoric (EA devs and gamers alike) about how franchise is a dying breed and people aren't playing it anymore.

It only makes me question more which narrative is actually true.

Let's just say they're right, and people just aren't playing offline (or even online) Franchise anymore at the rate they once were. That begs the question, "Are people less interested in Franchise, or are they not playing at the rate they once were specifically because Franchise has gotten less and less attention over the years from publishers to warrant continuous play?"

I tend to lean toward the latter. I was a year to year buyer of Madden dating back to '01 until about '13 where I'd had enough of the constant back-burning of the mode and stopped buying into the regular hype of a "bigger and better" Madden. So I literally stopped buying the hype. Rex and Co. offered me a glimpse of what it could be like w/ a team that values the in-depth nature of football, but even they've seemed to fall victims to what only EA is willing to let them build upon.

I don't blame Rex and his crew, though. They can only do what the publisher allows them to do, otherwise, they'll be out of a job and the publisher will just find someone else to make what they want to push. I simply don't buy into this notion, considering the huge push-back from people here that are growing increasingly frustrated w/ the lack of in-depth football we should have from a sports game in 2017, that Franchise is no longer wanted.
I couldn't have said it any better.

I'll tell you right now, the rebuttal from a skeptic would go something like "Well OS is just a minority."

If that is the case, why bother coming to these forums when it is just inevitable that we will be ignored since we don't represent "real" madden players?

I call B.S. on that. I don't think anyone would be against having a great franchise mode, and there is absolutely no proof investing everything they have into franchise mode will lose them money.

Almost every argument i have ever heard against franchise mode has either been an opinion on why the mode is so bad and takes back seat every year, or else it is someone who is willing to defend EA's choices regardless of what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove