Home

Madden's future of CFM is alarming

This is a discussion on Madden's future of CFM is alarming within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's future of CFM is alarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempAccount123
They wont do this either. They will continue to add features to MUT and competitive play.

Of course, like Hooe does with every post here, they will defend it with lies and idiocy. They will tell us about these great new features for CFM which they will basically READD from previous additions. A big back of the box feature that we had 5 years ago.

They might even give us spicy new graphics, but they will not, in any way shape or form redo CFM.
As long as people spend stupid amounts of money on MUT there's really no short-term motivation for them to pile hours and money into developing franchise mode when it's not the profitable side of the game.

Certain aspects have improved dramatically but there seems to be a lot of layers missing from past consoles before there was online play. What happened to being able to play the pro bowl & other features like that
Old 11-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #658
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
That is why I have a hard time buying into the statistics they gather and release...

I always hear about how franchise mode players are the minority to Madden, however I have never seen any real proof to support these statements.
This is something I've wondered about myself in the past few iterations.

I see post's like this stay on the front page for 2 months and DeuceDouglas's CFM Rebuild post highly regarded for over a year (and frankly, one of the best post's I've seen up here since I've discovered this place)... yet I keep hearing people spout the same rhetoric (EA devs and gamers alike) about how franchise is a dying breed and people aren't playing it anymore.

It only makes me question more which narrative is actually true.

Let's just say they're right, and people just aren't playing offline (or even online) Franchise anymore at the rate they once were. That begs the question, "Are people less interested in Franchise, or are they not playing at the rate they once were specifically because Franchise has gotten less and less attention over the years from publishers to warrant continuous play?"

I tend to lean toward the latter. I was a year to year buyer of Madden dating back to '01 until about '13 where I'd had enough of the constant back-burning of the mode and stopped buying into the regular hype of a "bigger and better" Madden. So I literally stopped buying the hype. Rex and Co. offered me a glimpse of what it could be like w/ a team that values the in-depth nature of football, but even they've seemed to fall victims to what only EA is willing to let them build upon.

I don't blame Rex and his crew, though. They can only do what the publisher allows them to do, otherwise, they'll be out of a job and the publisher will just find someone else to make what they want to push. I simply don't buy into this notion, considering the huge push-back from people here that are growing increasingly frustrated w/ the lack of in-depth football we should have from a sports game in 2017, that Franchise is no longer wanted.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #659
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I have zero faith in the CFM team to not only start the process with meaningful features, but then to keep adding to it and building it better.
This can be perfectly summed up w/ the addition of formation subs.

Formation subs were (re?)added in last years game, yet there were a few specific formations that would not save your changes and would revert back to default upon exiting the screen.

I defended the addition of formation subs and the flaws solely because they were added so extremely late in the dev cycle... yet I come up here and still see people complaining in this years game about the same formation subs that wouldn't save last year, not saving this year either.

If they can't (or won't) fix something as simple as that to a highly requested feature that should never have been left out in the first place, it offers me exactly zero hope they'll be able to follow up on a long-term rebuild going forward, regardless of what they say.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #660
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51

Formation subs were (re?)added in last years game, yet there were a few specific formations that would not save your changes and would revert back to default upon exiting the screen.

I defended the addition of formation subs and the flaws solely because they were added so extremely late in the dev cycle... yet I come up here and still see people complaining in this years game about the same formation subs that wouldn't save last year, not saving this year either.

If they can't (or won't) fix something as simple as that to a highly requested feature that should never have been left out in the first place, it offers me exactly zero hope they'll be able to follow up on a long-term rebuild going forward, regardless of what they say.
And to add insult to injury, whoever programmed these did so in a way that displays the mirror image of the formations, so they're literally all flipped and you have to flip them in your mind's eye as you make your subs so you get your guys where they need to be.

It's like when my kid writes his name and writes the "E" backwards, except the person programming the formation subs is not a kid but a paid professional, so it's less cute.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #661
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
This is something I've wondered about myself in the past few iterations.

I see post's like this stay on the front page for 2 months and DeuceDouglas's CFM Rebuild post highly regarded for over a year (and frankly, one of the best post's I've seen up here since I've discovered this place)... yet I keep hearing people spout the same rhetoric (EA devs and gamers alike) about how franchise is a dying breed and people aren't playing it anymore.

It only makes me question more which narrative is actually true.

Let's just say they're right, and people just aren't playing offline (or even online) Franchise anymore at the rate they once were. That begs the question, "Are people less interested in Franchise, or are they not playing at the rate they once were specifically because Franchise has gotten less and less attention over the years from publishers to warrant continuous play?"

I tend to lean toward the latter. I was a year to year buyer of Madden dating back to '01 until about '13 where I'd had enough of the constant back-burning of the mode and stopped buying into the regular hype of a "bigger and better" Madden. So I literally stopped buying the hype. Rex and Co. offered me a glimpse of what it could be like w/ a team that values the in-depth nature of football, but even they've seemed to fall victims to what only EA is willing to let them build upon.

I don't blame Rex and his crew, though. They can only do what the publisher allows them to do, otherwise, they'll be out of a job and the publisher will just find someone else to make what they want to push. I simply don't buy into this notion, considering the huge push-back from people here that are growing increasingly frustrated w/ the lack of in-depth football we should have from a sports game in 2017, that Franchise is no longer wanted.
I couldn't have said it any better.

I'll tell you right now, the rebuttal from a skeptic would go something like "Well OS is just a minority."

If that is the case, why bother coming to these forums when it is just inevitable that we will be ignored since we don't represent "real" madden players?

I call B.S. on that. I don't think anyone would be against having a great franchise mode, and there is absolutely no proof investing everything they have into franchise mode will lose them money.

Almost every argument i have ever heard against franchise mode has either been an opinion on why the mode is so bad and takes back seat every year, or else it is someone who is willing to defend EA's choices regardless of what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #662
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

This is so frustrating, I wish they'd give us the option to turn off the defensive play clock so I'm not scrambling to make my subs in that didn't save while I'm trying to pick a play
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 AM   #663
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Just dropping a link to the heroic effort of the battlefront users on an issue with EA: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...ZG&sh=93822bfc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 AM   #664
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Just dropping a link to the heroic effort of the battlefront users on an issue with EA: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...ZG&sh=93822bfc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same place Madden's going. Sure does suck!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »