View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #180
Cato06
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

im gonna repost this cause it seemed to have gotten lost in the middle of some protest argument non sense....

"ya but casuals will always be casuals. They will come and go. I dont see the sense in targeting someone who doesnt plan on investing much time in your game. That doesnt make sense to me. If i was working for EA i would want to convert casuals into hardcore gamers by giving them deep modes that will keep them coming back and to get them hooked, I dont see reward points accomplishing that task. But if you create a very deep franchise mode you have a better chance of converting some of those casuals into more die hard fans. They will never become die hard fans of the mode if you never give them a reason to be in the first place. The proof is what happened with NFL2k4 to 2k5. Alot of people tried 2k4 and started to realize how much deeper the franchise mode/presentation/gameplay was than madden at the time. Its an arguable debate on which game was better at the time but regardless of anyones opinion, people were starting to recognize 2K's talent and it showed when 2k5 came out for only $19.99. The sales almost doubled and Madden took a huge hit in sales because of it. Before NFL2k5 i was a casual gamer that enjoyed franchise mode but never really got to into it because i never felt immersed into it enough to invest any time into it. It wasnt until 2k sports opened my eyes and showed me how deep a franchise mode could actually be. From then on i was addicted to the mode. I was finding any chance i could play. I would come home from work for my lunch break and would try to squeeze in a game or a draft, watch the sportscenter rundown for the week, make a trade, etc. I loved the authentic experience of running a real NFL franchise. I was devastated when the news broke that EA bought out the license because something THAT GOOD was so short lived. And to think about what it would have become is just depressing.

Point is they shouldnt be trying to get casuals to keep coming back, they should be converting casuals by showing them a deep mode that is addicting enough to keep them coming back."