View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #216
DaGreatOne21
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

And just for the record, Im not saying it has to be exactly like that. We see it KIND OF in Madden 18 where it shows contract length, team prestige, coach, etc.....when youre trying to sign players, but again, it means very little.

In the end, I just want players to feel different, both in gameplay and within franchise mode.

When it comes to gameplay....if I draft or sign an elite talent, I want to feel like I have a dominating player. I want to be able, game in and game out, to be able to tell the difference between a great player and a mediocre one, and despite what some say, you cant always tell that.

In franchise, I want there to be strategy to retaining players, that maybe involves coaches. Like, say a player hates the cold and plays for a cold weather team and is leaning towards signing in FA with a warm weather team. Maybe have different avenues a coach can take to maybe talk him into staying....like if they ever put in a team chemistry rating or maybe if the coach is just liked by the player, the coach could tout that and make it easier to sign said player.

In the end, money will always be a huge factor in where a player signs, but the other factors could determine whether he asks for well above market value to play for a certain team. If a WRs main motivation is team success and a good QB, maybe it would cost the Patriots $25m guaranteed to sign said player, while it might take a team like the Browns $40m guaranteed.

Again, in the end, I just want players to feel unique. Im sick of every player in Madden feeling the exact same. Absolutely kills immersion....although alot of things do that.