Old 12-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #81
NimitsTexan
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden NFL 18 Update Available, Audibles on the Fly -Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
At the end of the game, Game stats do not match player stats. For example, Game stats showed that I only had 75 yds total passing. But Trubiski threw for 146 yds with no int. I added up my receivers catch yd which ends up being 171 yds. Game stats read that I had a total of 110 yds rushing, added up player rush yds and had 121. Howard had 76, Coleman had 23, and Trubiski had 22.
Sacks (realistically) do get counted against total offensive and passing yards, but not against individual passing yards, so that might be part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've owned it since late August and it has been playable in Cloud CFM since the patch where they fixed stats not recording properly for me. All of the other bugs I see nit-picked a lot were not happening all that often, if ever, for me.

I feel like way too many people on this forum nit-pick instead of actually enjoying the game-play. Focusing way too much on bugs that aren't occurring that often. How can you ever hope to enjoy the game when all you do is focus on the negatives?
The point of Madden for me (and many other similar players) is to play an offline single player franchise. For the first 13 weeks or so when the game was out, when the player could easily sack the AI 5-10 times per game calling mostly base defenses, and the QB would never scramble, basically handicapping the AI offense and creating wildly inaccurate stats, yes that is broken.

Similarly, when if every time the human kicks off the AI ends up at ~15 yd line (which has been the effect so far), and most AI players can be caught from behind in the open field because they slow down for no reason, similarly handicapping the AI offense and creating unrealistic stats, then yes that is broken as well.

This is not nitpicking. It is no fun to wrack up stats and win games when you know the AI teams are not really "trying." For the game to be considered functioning, it has to have a competent AI opponent, and the ability to produce generally believable results and stats from plausible strategies and play calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Since this really only appears to be affecting players with the "brace all" trait, it won't have much impact at all in my Cloud CFM. The CPU doesn't upgrade traits, so unless a player is drafted with that specific version of brace they won't have it. I've only seen it affect a couple players so far.
It seems to effect players with any trait besides "Never."

Anyway, on most rosters, the vast majority of offensive skill players have the "brace all" trait.
Advertisements - Register to remove