View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #13
RogueHominid
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Scouting/Draft/Progression/Roster house rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I think I picked this up from Tdawg but all starters have to have atleast 80 awr before I can upgrade anything else with backups having to have atleast 70 awr. Also Starting QB I try to get their awr up to 90 before upgrading anything else and I dont upgrade the development. So if they are a 1 star then they stay a 1 star regardless of how good of a season they have.

I have to let at least one person over 80 ovr to go to free agency and if a player is asking for what seems like low money to resign I'll over pay just to make the cap more challenging.

Im going to add the draft rules some of yall listed because that will help a lot keeping my team from being OP.
The one time I used the method of only scouting all three attributes for 1st rounders, I missed on a couple/few picks, including one day-one pick. That basically never happens to the HUM if you scout all three attributes, but it does happen to the CPU, so it seems to make drafting more realistic and balanced.

I mean, it sucks when you draft a guy and get hit with a player who will be lucky to ever crack the starting lineup, much less make it off the practice squad, but 1st round busts are pretty common, and busts are all the more common in later rounds.

I think if they made it as hard as it is IRL to land good talent in the draft, people wouldn't think the game fun. I mean, how fun would it be to have the Raiders' drafts for the era between their last 2 playoff appearances? I think it would be great, personally, but I think most Madden players would not.