Old 12-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #34
Darth Aegis
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The roster I referenced to (NFLROSTER) was actually painstakingly edited by boobidybear. So all props to him for taking the time to do it.

As to some of your concerns, I haven't tried running with CPU vs CPU, so I can't comment how that all shakes out. A key to the running game is persistence, setting it up and calling good OL shifts. One of my favorite matchups to test against is NYG vs DAL. NYG has a very good front 4. DAL has 3 very good OL and 2 average at best. Its a good chance to see the difference in the quality of players.

In one of those games I kept getting stuffed at or near the line by NYG. Like the real Cowboys I came out determined to run. Early in the 3rd I decided to mix it up and began using play action and more passing. With the lead in the 4th I turned back to the run. Zeke finished with around 90 yards and just over 4 ypc. With the DL tired they struggled to stop the run. Snacks Harrison did finish with a high number of TFL, but most of that was because I was trying to run at him early.

I've noticed that the MLB often finishes with the highest number of tackles (usually total for the HUM MLB as Madden counts it as an assist anytime another player is even close to the tackle.

As for scrambling QBs, I haven't really looked into that. I can say that if you don't account for them, they will take off on you (as they should). Against DEN I called trips left with 1 WR on the right. At the snap he came on a slant. I expected a blitz from my left so I called a blocking slant left. My RT pushed the LOLB wide and up the field. The RG crashed left, thereby creating a nice lane. Because the D was in man coverage (fortunate for me) I had an easy 25 yard run before they were able to close the distance. If you look at the replay, you will notice defenders don't "magically" react. If their head is turned away they won't see the QB take off.

In my game against DEN, both Siemian and Osweiler were out. Lynch played to his ratings. Any push I got or pressure caused him to try and spin out of the pocket. When he had time he was able to make some nice down the field completions against my young secondary. Pressure is key. Get it and paranoid QBs will panic and try to get outside the pocket. Against Eli, he moved around to buy time. He took off once and was able to run for a nice gain when I was in man and all his receivers ran a deep route.

The one area that continues to be problematic is CPU play calling. There are a number of suggestions out there. At this point I'm more focused on game play. Once I'm somewhat happy with that, I'll turn to CPU play calling.

Long post I know. I just like to be thorough.
Definitely, look into custom playbooks. Imo best way to go. The work around is kind of confusing but is once you figure it out its easy to do.

Playing: