Home

ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

This is a discussion on ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2017, 12:37 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

The roster I referenced to (NFLROSTER) was actually painstakingly edited by boobidybear. So all props to him for taking the time to do it.

As to some of your concerns, I haven't tried running with CPU vs CPU, so I can't comment how that all shakes out. A key to the running game is persistence, setting it up and calling good OL shifts. One of my favorite matchups to test against is NYG vs DAL. NYG has a very good front 4. DAL has 3 very good OL and 2 average at best. Its a good chance to see the difference in the quality of players.

In one of those games I kept getting stuffed at or near the line by NYG. Like the real Cowboys I came out determined to run. Early in the 3rd I decided to mix it up and began using play action and more passing. With the lead in the 4th I turned back to the run. Zeke finished with around 90 yards and just over 4 ypc. With the DL tired they struggled to stop the run. Snacks Harrison did finish with a high number of TFL, but most of that was because I was trying to run at him early.

I've noticed that the MLB often finishes with the highest number of tackles (usually total for the HUM MLB as Madden counts it as an assist anytime another player is even close to the tackle.

As for scrambling QBs, I haven't really looked into that. I can say that if you don't account for them, they will take off on you (as they should). Against DEN I called trips left with 1 WR on the right. At the snap he came on a slant. I expected a blitz from my left so I called a blocking slant left. My RT pushed the LOLB wide and up the field. The RG crashed left, thereby creating a nice lane. Because the D was in man coverage (fortunate for me) I had an easy 25 yard run before they were able to close the distance. If you look at the replay, you will notice defenders don't "magically" react. If their head is turned away they won't see the QB take off.

In my game against DEN, both Siemian and Osweiler were out. Lynch played to his ratings. Any push I got or pressure caused him to try and spin out of the pocket. When he had time he was able to make some nice down the field completions against my young secondary. Pressure is key. Get it and paranoid QBs will panic and try to get outside the pocket. Against Eli, he moved around to buy time. He took off once and was able to run for a nice gain when I was in man and all his receivers ran a deep route.

The one area that continues to be problematic is CPU play calling. There are a number of suggestions out there. At this point I'm more focused on game play. Once I'm somewhat happy with that, I'll turn to CPU play calling.

Long post I know. I just like to be thorough.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #34
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The roster I referenced to (NFLROSTER) was actually painstakingly edited by boobidybear. So all props to him for taking the time to do it.

As to some of your concerns, I haven't tried running with CPU vs CPU, so I can't comment how that all shakes out. A key to the running game is persistence, setting it up and calling good OL shifts. One of my favorite matchups to test against is NYG vs DAL. NYG has a very good front 4. DAL has 3 very good OL and 2 average at best. Its a good chance to see the difference in the quality of players.

In one of those games I kept getting stuffed at or near the line by NYG. Like the real Cowboys I came out determined to run. Early in the 3rd I decided to mix it up and began using play action and more passing. With the lead in the 4th I turned back to the run. Zeke finished with around 90 yards and just over 4 ypc. With the DL tired they struggled to stop the run. Snacks Harrison did finish with a high number of TFL, but most of that was because I was trying to run at him early.

I've noticed that the MLB often finishes with the highest number of tackles (usually total for the HUM MLB as Madden counts it as an assist anytime another player is even close to the tackle.

As for scrambling QBs, I haven't really looked into that. I can say that if you don't account for them, they will take off on you (as they should). Against DEN I called trips left with 1 WR on the right. At the snap he came on a slant. I expected a blitz from my left so I called a blocking slant left. My RT pushed the LOLB wide and up the field. The RG crashed left, thereby creating a nice lane. Because the D was in man coverage (fortunate for me) I had an easy 25 yard run before they were able to close the distance. If you look at the replay, you will notice defenders don't "magically" react. If their head is turned away they won't see the QB take off.

In my game against DEN, both Siemian and Osweiler were out. Lynch played to his ratings. Any push I got or pressure caused him to try and spin out of the pocket. When he had time he was able to make some nice down the field completions against my young secondary. Pressure is key. Get it and paranoid QBs will panic and try to get outside the pocket. Against Eli, he moved around to buy time. He took off once and was able to run for a nice gain when I was in man and all his receivers ran a deep route.

The one area that continues to be problematic is CPU play calling. There are a number of suggestions out there. At this point I'm more focused on game play. Once I'm somewhat happy with that, I'll turn to CPU play calling.

Long post I know. I just like to be thorough.
Definitely, look into custom playbooks. Imo best way to go. The work around is kind of confusing but is once you figure it out its easy to do.

Playing:
Old 12-27-2017, 02:41 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Not sure if any of you have seen this. It lists the traits and what they’re supposed to do.

http://www.muthead.com/forums/madden...d-why-they-are
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #36
Rookie

I agree. I've used it in the past. My issue is that I rarely have time to sit and play a game all the way through. Using custom playbooks doesn't allow me to pickup a saved game, it has me restart from the beginning. If you, or anyone, know a way around this I'd appreciate it.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 6

The generic Balanced playbook is one of the saving graces of this game. I’m almost to the point that i give to all teams. Trust me. It doesn’t get stale. I bet this is the playbook they test the game with. Be sure to set the team’s scheme to Balanced. Makes it even sweeter.

Balanced playbook makes coaches coach. The book has a little bit of it all and the cpu will adapt to their personell and it’s really good.

For lesser teams with few good wideouts, i assign run balanced. It kind of hamstrings the bad teams, but not in a bad way. They play like their ratings. If people just did this, i think a lot of frustration could be avoided.

Not a total fix, but a big one. Along with nine minute quarters, no accel on the clock. Without these two things in the base of a slider set, im not sure this game can work.

Also concerning not assigning attacking as a scheme on D. Wonder if that would cut down on TFLs. If i could get TFL’s right, i’d Be MAster and Commander of the CPU vs CPU mode. My super bowl sim would beat EA’s.

Last edited by tommycoa; 12-27-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:05 AM   #38
Rookie

tommycoa,

I like the movie reference (great cat and mouse movie)!

I take it you are doing the 2 controller workaround to assign the balance playbook. I agree with you that changing the CPU playbook is a must.

Do you know a way to save in game and come back latter and not have the game start at the CFM main screen? That is my one reason for not changing playbooks (I rarely have time to play a whole game in one sitting).
Old 12-27-2017, 03:48 AM   #39
Rookie

Here are links to 2 more videos. There is a description of what to key on at the bottom. These were from a game played on Competitive Pro all default sliders.

https://youtu.be/44KMLw1nTmA

https://youtu.be/K203bH-kVE0
Old 12-27-2017, 04:01 AM   #40
Rookie

tommycoa,

I think I know what you were suggesting about CPU coaching schemes. If we change both the offensive and defensive schemes, they don't revert back once we retire the coach. I'd forgotten about that, but will utilize it going forward.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »