Old 01-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #115
D81SKINS
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ZERO Slider Adjustments & HIGH MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
For the most part everything looks good. Setting the CPU Coach Scheme to BAL O looks like it has a positive affect. I've seen the CPU come out and try to establish the run and I've seen it come out and try to establish the pass.

The line play has been great (possibly the best I've seen). Running you really have to know where the holes will are supposed to be and try and run off a blockers correct hip. I might like to see a little more pressure in the pas game without the need to bring a blitz, still there can be some push up the middle which affects the QB.

The defensive play calling remains an issue. Still seeing too many blitzes that leave open receivers. Also, the under zone play has been good. There is an issue with deep zones as safeties tend to play too deep and don't move up to a receiver open underneath until they catch the ball. Also, DBs are still covering their zones too strictly. They will move into their zone even if no receiver is anywhere nearby. This tends to leave passes in the middle and intermediate depths too open.

On a positive note, man coverage is actually pretty good. At times I've seen the defense lockdown all receivers forcing the QB to either take a sack, try and run, or force the ball in. I've also seen mismatch man coverage (LB on HB or WR) make for an easy completion.

At this point I'm not sure what we can do to fix the defensive issues.

Summary:
- Good line play.
- Good MCV.
- Issue with ZCV & S play.
- Issue with defensive play calling.
1. Push up the middle..
.Possible solution, give DTs with whatever criteria(ex. 80 str) the bull rush trait. ESPECIALLY NTs!! Find the threshold ratings for DT/D-lineman getting a Big pocket push.

2.Too many blitzes...Possible solution,
Generic 4-3, 3-4 or Custom (not sure how good custom D PBs work, others might).

3. Safeties not playing the underneath stuff,
You're right about the actual Play Call determining the type of coverage. You still want to see defenders getting to the ball and not getting stuck in a zone.
What about Pass reaction ratings or sliders to help this.

I think certain "Safety Types" traditional SS should have some underneath skills, that's why they are traditional SS in the box.
wouldn't be an issue if LBs, players underneath, could play underneath tighter.
Possible solution, scheme and trait changes for front 7.
Ratings boost to ZCV,
NOT sure what yet, it's 2AM. Just thinkin of ideas to fix issues
To be continued.....

Last edited by D81SKINS; 01-07-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove