Old 01-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #68
schnaidt1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 18 vs Ncaa 14: We deserve better

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, you are misunderstanding my point.

My point was pounding the drums hasn't been effective, so, why not try a new approach? Saying that is the only thing you can do isn't true.

In less that a week, we have had some positive dialogue with 3 different developers to improve the User vs CPU experience.

I feel comfortable with my opinion and I am comfortable with leaving it with that too.

Schnaidt, aren't you a slider maker in late August and by the time October arrives you are fed up? There must be something pulling you back in each year?

I will state this again, I am encouraged by our dialogue within the past week with 3 different developers to help improve the User vs Cpu experience.

To state it doesn't work might have been true in the past, but you try to stay with something if it's opening the door and working.
well...they had lack of gameplay videos this year...so all i got to see was milleniums twitch streams...and i was able to ask questions and hev answered. the game looked visually stunning and i for sure thought sliders could make it play pretty well.

and you know what..sliders can make this game play pretty well..

but ill tell you a secret as to why i get fed up and quit by October..

its because by that point the new paint has worn off and the old pain shines through...and eas broken promises are apparent.

there was no sim mode this year...not with penalties that work and are called at a realistic rate at default 50. you have to jack them up (which impacts gameplay) so they lied there.

they left defensive holding as an option to be turned on or off in the game but it turns out...that setting is turned off no matter what...even on sim..because defensive holding and its animations aren't "fun"

franchise mode was left as stale and boring and EASY as last year. between trading, the draft and free agency. you can take any bottom feeder team and turn them into a championship contender in 1 year and offseason. there is nothing fun in franchise...nothing that makes me wanna keep playing or come back....its boring.

gameplay mechanics are tailored to little kids. there is no skill required. play ncaa 14 and still skills matter. in madden they take as much control away from you as possible. passing is boring with just pressing a button to throw to a wr. their lead passing mechanic or whatever you want to call it is broken. half the time it doesn't throw the ball where you wanted to. and the other it redirrcts the wrs route...who changes where he is running mid stride to go a direction completely opposite of his route. we haven't had anything realistic or fun that uses ratings since the vision cone. i wrote up a piece on how to incorporate a meter throwing system that will make player ratings matter as well as user skill. why can't madden think of something like this. or the fact that playing on the dline...i can't choose my own pass rush moves...its a pass rush mini game...like wtf. GIVE US CONTROL!!

speaking of ratings...the madden devs care so much what the NFL players think of them that an absurd amount of players are rated in the 80s and 90s. the average nfl playing career is like 3 years. so how is it so many players are rated soo high. you think about the guys rated in the 70s. on a zero to 100 scale...the 70s are a "C" grade...aka average. yet there are more 80s and 90s then there are 70s...that shouldn't be the case...and if the average nfl career is only 3 years...shouldnt most guys be rated in the 60s...and 50s...they only use half of their ratings scale...they have them so inflated. can you tell the difference between brees and Stafford. heck as a user...take away scrambling....can you really tell much of a difference between any qb?? or running back for that matter. as a user...what's the benefit of using gurly vs some 77 ovr running back? there isn't...

commentary is better but overall presentation is still outright horrible.

you know what else has me giving up by October...is 2k.

don't get me wrong...2k has its issues..especially pro am and park...but much less in myleague or mygm...speaking of that...you see the kinda effort they give us for franchise modes....and they add to them every single year...

not to mention they give us a ton of sliders which all WORK ...besides the shooting foul slider in favor of the cpu lol. and i get caught up wanting to make sliders for a game that gives you great presentation...a great in depth experience. and very solid gameplay. ratings for 2k have started to get inflated the last 2 or 3 years ...but nowhere near madden.

so each year im drawn back because i feel like sliders can fix the game enough to play a good game of football....and honestly...I'm right. sliders can get you a good game of football minus penalties or atmosphere or cool presentation.

but it's all those other things i mention that destroy is replay value. and i am having great games of football in ncaa14. im having more fun and seeing cooler animations and more realistic movement.

so without anything else to make me wanna stick to franchise which is basically 16 glorified play now games in its current state....i give up..

now that i know ncaa14 plays this well...i won't be getting madden 19...

not until they give me something more

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w