View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #110
iceberg3445
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
You completely missed the point of my post and you are most likely a troll, because i never blamed the devs for this situation, nor did i mention i can't afford to pay for a UFC game.

I have no issue spending any ammount of money on the EA UFC sequels. But i do have an issue with spending AAA game money, on something that i've already paid for in the past.

I don't want to be playing the same game with the same issues that i've put up with for the past 4 years and since there is no competition for the EA UFC series, the publishers won't push more resources into the development of their game to get a better product, because they know the consumers are under their monopoly.

So, in the past EA MMA had UFC Undisputed to compete and the publishers of each side, were fighting one another and had a motive to put more resources into getting a better & more polished video game. Now with the EA UFC series in the current gen, the publishers don't have to worry about the competition and they don't have a motive to progress the series, since they know that people who want UFC games, will buy the next one, despite it's unacceptable, at this point, flaws.

What i am suggesting is, that the only tool we have left, to motivate the publishers to get their things together and give us a proper game, worthy of the asking AAA game price, is for us to hold off, until the game's price drops and give the publishers less money.

So that the next time around, they are gonna be motivated into pouring more resources into polishing their game, so that the consumers care enough to buy it Day 1 and pay them the Full price.

I agree. Game devs have made the most of what they are given, and unfortunately they are not given nearly enough to make a well rounded UFC game.

That said, who can we lobby to give game devs more resources? EA or UFC, or both? Or maybe highlight the issues to big name game reviewers/news outlets?

There must be a better way to draw attention to EA’s poor resource allocation other than simply boycotting their product. I don’t think enough people will boycott to have a significant influence on the quality of the game, and if boycotting does have an influence, it might be the cancellation of the EA UFC franchise; not its improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports