Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #105
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

I see where you're coming from. You said something along the lines of buy the game and voice your opinion. I took that as you saying buy the game SO you can voice your opinion. My bad if I interpreted that wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 09:57 PM   #106
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I see where you're coming from. You said something along the lines of buy the game and voice your opinion. I took that as you saying buy the game SO you can voice your opinion. My bad if I interpreted that wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ya, i tend to write and not proof read lol. So i can see why people would misinterprate it.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Not buying the game is complete nonsense lol.

Yall want a better game? Support it and voice your opinions, acting like boycotting these guys who are already underfunded is the complete opposite of what we need.

The game needs to SELL to get better. Shake my damn head.
Agreed. If it was a case like Battlefront where consumers were asked to buy their own *** ****ing, then you can not buy the game vote with your wallet that way.

For UFC 3, they've clearly shown they are competent (mostly) developers that are short on time and money and staff. They need the consumers to show they've invested in the product so hopefully EA will allow them to 1. continue making these games and 2. maybe give them a budget increase.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #108
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Agreed. If it was a case like Battlefront where consumers were asked to buy their own *** ****ing, then you can not buy the game vote with your wallet that way.

For UFC 3, they've clearly shown they are competent (mostly) developers that are short on time and money and staff. They need the consumers to show they've invested in the product so hopefully EA will allow them to 1. continue making these games and 2. maybe give them a budget increase.
I suspect they made good money with ultimate team. Not Madden or FIFA money, but good money.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #109
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_Rico
I went with the $80 Pre-order. If you can’t pay the minimum then wait a yr or so until the prices drops. Don’t blame the devs because you want a cheap game.
You completely missed the point of my post and you are most likely a troll, because i never blamed the devs for this situation, nor did i mention i can't afford to pay for a UFC game.

I have no issue spending any ammount of money on the EA UFC sequels. But i do have an issue with spending AAA game money, on something that i've already paid for in the past.

I don't want to be playing the same game with the same issues that i've put up with for the past 4 years and since there is no competition for the EA UFC series, the publishers won't push more resources into the development of their game to get a better product, because they know the consumers are under their monopoly.

So, in the past EA MMA had UFC Undisputed to compete and the publishers of each side, were fighting one another and had a motive to put more resources into getting a better & more polished video game. Now with the EA UFC series in the current gen, the publishers don't have to worry about the competition and they don't have a motive to progress the series, since they know that people who want UFC games, will buy the next one, despite it's unacceptable, at this point, flaws.

What i am suggesting is, that the only tool we have left, to motivate the publishers to get their things together and give us a proper game, worthy of the asking AAA game price, is for us to hold off, until the game's price drops and give the publishers less money.

So that the next time around, they are gonna be motivated into pouring more resources into polishing their game, so that the consumers care enough to buy it Day 1 and pay them the Full price.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-15-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
You completely missed the point of my post and you are most likely a troll, because i never blamed the devs for this situation, nor did i mention i can't afford to pay for a UFC game.

I have no issue spending any ammount of money on the EA UFC sequels. But i do have an issue with spending AAA game money, on something that i've already paid for in the past.

I don't want to be playing the same game with the same issues that i've put up with for the past 4 years and since there is no competition for the EA UFC series, the publishers won't push more resources into the development of their game to get a better product, because they know the consumers are under their monopoly.

So, in the past EA MMA had UFC Undisputed to compete and the publishers of each side, were fighting one another and had a motive to put more resources into getting a better & more polished video game. Now with the EA UFC series in the current gen, the publishers don't have to worry about the competition and they don't have a motive to progress the series, since they know that people who want UFC games, will buy the next one, despite it's unacceptable, at this point, flaws.

What i am suggesting is, that the only tool we have left, to motivate the publishers to get their things together and give us a proper game, worthy of the asking AAA game price, is for us to hold off, until the game's price drops and give the publishers less money.

So that the next time around, they are gonna be motivated into pouring more resources into polishing their game, so that the consumers care enough to buy it Day 1 and pay them the Full price.

I agree. Game devs have made the most of what they are given, and unfortunately they are not given nearly enough to make a well rounded UFC game.

That said, who can we lobby to give game devs more resources? EA or UFC, or both? Or maybe highlight the issues to big name game reviewers/news outlets?

There must be a better way to draw attention to EA’s poor resource allocation other than simply boycotting their product. I don’t think enough people will boycott to have a significant influence on the quality of the game, and if boycotting does have an influence, it might be the cancellation of the EA UFC franchise; not its improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #111
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I agree. Game devs have made the most of what they are given, and unfortunately they are not given nearly enough to make a well rounded UFC game.

That said, who can we lobby to give game devs more resources? EA or UFC, or both? Or maybe highlight the issues to big name game reviewers/news outlets?

There must be a better way to draw attention to EA’s poor resource allocation other than simply boycotting their product. I don’t think enough people will boycott to have a significant influence on the quality of the game, and if boycotting does have an influence, it might be the cancellation of the EA UFC franchise; not its improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
What's funny is the best way is to buy the game but that still doesnt guarantee that EA will allocate more resources. If the game is successful there is a chance that EA will commit more manpower to the series. There is also the chance they decide that the game has enough staff as is and just pockets the revenue generated from the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #112
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445

Unfortunately, that could backfire. Lets say you do this and the reviewers point out the flaws you mentioned to them, but also fail to notice some of the main game's merits or just based their score on missinformation (which happens a lot in reviews). In this case, the bad reviews could lead to fewer sales and fewer resources to be applied to fix what you want.

I just wish reviews were more professional. I wonder if they'll ever improve considerably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »