View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #11
jeebs9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Which ones?

I'm not talking separate builds for tournament lobbies and broadcasting, but builds that have separate gameplay code. To my knowledge Counterstrike, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota, Rocket League, Street Fighter, and Smash Bros don't. In many instances official tournaments are carried out on systems and public clients that make it impossible to have private gameplay code.

The gameplay of the competitive matches has to be the exact same as the core game for anyone to believe that the best competitive players are actually the best at the game. This is what allows others to watch them and know that the tactics they are seeing in competition apply to the game everyone else is playing.

If a team won a tournament in LoL using an item that was 20% better in competitive play than in the public build, or someone destroyed the competition in Street Fighter with a character that does 5% more damage in the competitive build, that competition would be seen as meaningless. Balance is the cornerstone of competitive play, if a game is balanced differently for competitions those competitions couldn't be seen as legitimate representation of the actual game.

Game build is something that competitive players take seriously. Take something like DarksydePhil being seen as a joke in the competitive Street Fighter scene because he brags about placing high in a tournament that players protested because an inferior port of the game was used for competition which other players didn't feel represented the actual game and required less skill.

Competitive games may have separate builds that make it easier for tournament setup and broadcasting, but they have the same gameplay.

What games do you know that have separate gameplay for competitive play that is separate form the gameplay that everyone else has? I actually want to know because I'd like to know how it effects competitive play and the base game audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
So which one? He is right. I also dont know any esports game which is played on different development version in the competitive environment. All balance fixes etc for all games are always made in the main version and are made available to the public. From what Ive heard 2k might even remove badges, nerf animations for the eleague. If thats true thats a completely different game the eleague will be played with.

The game for sure is not ready for esports in its current state. Its simply not balanced, a lot op animations (snatchback, hopstep 14), imbalanced badges etc etc. I mean im also all for it, but it should be made on the public build and introduced in the main development version because everybody will benefit from this.
All of them.....

You really think they are playing the same game?

You think the Devs are going to say? Hahahaha

Wake up guys.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove