View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #50
Gritblitzer
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Special abilities in Madden

I've always felt that what Madden lacks - absolutely not it's biggest issue - is the character that certain players bring to the field on Sundays. It's understandable you can't make everyone have their own traits, but the stars of the NFL are recognizably different compared to the rest of the league. Madden 16 came real close to giving Odell Beckham a little character in his cover year, but not quite.

There are a bunch of real life examples too.

Jalen Ramsey for instance, we should see him jawing with the receivers after every play, or on the line of scrimmage even before the snap. Yet someone like say, Desmond Trufant, doesn't really jaw a lot so he'd just have that sort of plain default character to him.

Tom Brady, he's cocky or at least he is on the field. When he gets hit, I want to see him get up and jaw at the defender that just hit him like he often does in real life. I don't, however, want to see a Blake Bortles get up and act like that.

Of course, it wouldn't really be good if EVERY player was like this and it turned into repetitive showings over and over. But just give the stars of the league character. A lot of other games have and still do accomplish this feat. Why it's not something that Madden has done yet is kind of beyond me.

You can take that to the field like the original post too. Someone like LeSean McCoy plays different than another shifty back like Lamar Miller. I think giving so called "special abilities" or character attributes would improve the game immensely in both presentation AND gameplay. Unfortunately, with the huge push for the competitive gaming tournaments, I just feel like it's something that EA may not be interested in putting the time into. I think presentation (not TV and broadcasting presentation) has sort of just gone to the wayside.