View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #20
Nugget7211
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Should Lawler even have a higher Endurance stat than RDA? Remember the Pettis fight? Swear he could have gone another 5 rounds lol.

I know Lawler goes hard in round 5 towards the end but that's because he takes rounds off and time off in a round.

At the least they should have a relatively even stat imo.

As for Woodley going down... I don't really ever remember seeing him tired... And if 90 is average it's a little low imo. Woodley is a guy who's just very efficient with energy more than anything though. He's very good at doing just enough. I'm starting to get the feeling that you don't like Woodley? Hm... I wonder why. lol : ).

If we're using Lawler logic... Woodley also has come out strong in the fifth and dominated it. It's also because he took time to rest in the fight but yeah. It's subjective tho. If 90 is average I'd say he should be 90-92 from what we've seen so far.
Endurance governs between round recovery of stamina, I think RDA should have a relatively high endurance due to the consistency of his pace, meaning you want him to recover like 95% of what he expended in any given round (not that exact number necessarily, just a lot) so he can maintain that pace for an entire fight.

Woodley is not particularly consistent in pace, like in his last 3 5 round fights he's thrown anything between between 12 and 53 strikes a round which is pretty dramatic range, and for Lawler in his past 5 round fights he's thrown between 17 and 92 which is an even more insane range. Now, RDA's range is 32-99, but 12 of the 15 rounds in those 3 fights are between 49-72, which is extraordinarily consistent (if you're curious for the tighter groupings for Lawler and Woodley it's 9 rounds between 20-50 for Lawler and 8 rounds between 30-50 for Woodley)

I threw a lot of numbers out there, and feel free to argue their relevance, but my point is that RDA fights at a consistently higher pace than either Woodley or Lawler and that's not represented accurately in their stats. If you think Woodley doesn't need to go down, fair enough, it's just aholbert said small changes are more likely, so I tried not to go beyond 2-3 point changes in my recommendation, which I would've needed to do to get the required gap (IMO) between Woodley and RDA with moving Woodley down, which is the same reason I didn't recommend dropping Lawler further than I did.

Oh, and I don't like Woodley (not for that reason), and he got tired in the Rory and Marquardt fights I'm pretty sure, been a while since I've watched either thought