View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #284
AllStarDaDon
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Some of the animations where players brush past each other are fantastic. PLayers will give each other little shoves, they'll lightly check guys moving past etc.
I love this.

Me and Jason55Williams been saying for years there's a "game" within the game. There's little storylines in the cut scenes if you don't skip them. Like if a player is playing bad during freethrows, fouls, dead balls etc he will be blowing his hands cause there cold, walking with his head down etc. But a guy who is playing well will be clapping, communicating with his teammates, high fiving them etc. After baskets watch the players. If guys are high fiving, chest bumping, taunting there playing well. If during the timeout huddle a guy has his head down 2K is showing you, he's feeling down cause he's playing bad. Thank you 2K for this makes it real NBA like, presentation is King.

Since this is the little things thread I am loving playing with the old school teams! I have a few sim guys I can play 12 minute Qs HOF with and man that's how I mainly enjoy the game. Just off the fact that back then when Vince Carter, TMac, Iverson and all the boys was playing, the game was no where near as in depth with plays and isomotion as not it's a must to recreate their magic.

I use MJ Wizards roster as a base, and invite guys into a private my league file and play with the 2001-2002 full season roster, and play different matchups. Man full 12 minutes, sim game soooo much fun and nostalgia. Little things to appreciate thank you 2K 🙏

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn