Home

NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #281
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2k18 - The Little Things Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I heard the Bucks crowd counting down to a shot clock violation.

"3..2..1", so I shot up junk.

Then I realised there was still 5 left on the actual shot clock.

Lol, I had that happen also.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #282
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I heard the Bucks crowd counting down to a shot clock violation.

"3..2..1", so I shot up junk.

Then I realised there was still 5 left on the actual shot clock.
Sick! I had that happen to me.

Someone also said they have area code chant and some other unique chants
Old 02-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #283
Just started!

OVR: 0

In myleague, why is the mock draft blank, I found It helpful who they thought I might draft
Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #284
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Some of the animations where players brush past each other are fantastic. PLayers will give each other little shoves, they'll lightly check guys moving past etc.
I love this.

Me and Jason55Williams been saying for years there's a "game" within the game. There's little storylines in the cut scenes if you don't skip them. Like if a player is playing bad during freethrows, fouls, dead balls etc he will be blowing his hands cause there cold, walking with his head down etc. But a guy who is playing well will be clapping, communicating with his teammates, high fiving them etc. After baskets watch the players. If guys are high fiving, chest bumping, taunting there playing well. If during the timeout huddle a guy has his head down 2K is showing you, he's feeling down cause he's playing bad. Thank you 2K for this makes it real NBA like, presentation is King.

Since this is the little things thread I am loving playing with the old school teams! I have a few sim guys I can play 12 minute Qs HOF with and man that's how I mainly enjoy the game. Just off the fact that back then when Vince Carter, TMac, Iverson and all the boys was playing, the game was no where near as in depth with plays and isomotion as not it's a must to recreate their magic.

I use MJ Wizards roster as a base, and invite guys into a private my league file and play with the 2001-2002 full season roster, and play different matchups. Man full 12 minutes, sim game soooo much fun and nostalgia. Little things to appreciate thank you 2K 🙏

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #285
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon
I love this.

Me and Jason55Williams been saying for years there's a "game" within the game. There's little storylines in the cut scenes if you don't skip them. Like if a player is playing bad during freethrows, fouls, dead balls etc he will be blowing his hands cause there cold, walking with his head down etc. But a guy who is playing well will be clapping, communicating with his teammates, high fiving them etc. After baskets watch the players. If guys are high fiving, chest bumping, taunting there playing well. If during the timeout huddle a guy has his head down 2K is showing you, he's feeling down cause he's playing bad. Thank you 2K for this makes it real NBA like, presentation is King.

Since this is the little things thread I am loving playing with the old school teams! I have a few sim guys I can play 12 minute Qs HOF with and man that's how I mainly enjoy the game. Just off the fact that back then when Vince Carter, TMac, Iverson and all the boys was playing, the game was no where near as in depth with plays and isomotion as not it's a must to recreate their magic.

I use MJ Wizards roster as a base, and invite guys into a private my league file and play with the 2001-2002 full season roster, and play different matchups. Man full 12 minutes, sim game soooo much fun and nostalgia. Little things to appreciate thank you 2K
Totally agree we had a great game the other day. Super fun. Skip ahead to the half hour mark.

https://youtu.be/4ARosEawvqw

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-04-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #286
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Totally agree we had a great game the other day. Super fun. Skip ahead to the half hour mark.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Definetly bro you had McGrady killing. It was so dope seeing him in his authentic Magic jersey doin work. Felt good playing someone with creativity and doesn't complain that 2K robs them lol 😂

Next game we play I'm bringing out Vinceanity 💪💫

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 03-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 0

1.Get well Paul :-)
2. Angry Damian

Old 03-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #288
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Had a funny commentary moment this morning. When beating the Wizards Harlan says it will a divine intervention for a miracle comeback in this one , and Anthony replies “the man upstairs is not worried about a comeback here”. Almost fell out of my chair.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »