View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #50
Nunyerbiz
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Jump into a Madden game, or stick with 2K5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There isn't a better online head-to-head sports game than Madden, especially the past two versions. If your primary concern is on-field gameplay, and you've got friends to play with or you just enjoy playing online against real people, get M18 and don't think twice.

If you are a single-player franchise kinda guy, you will probably still enjoy it, but be warned that the single-player franchise experience is a bit dry.
I'll agree that playing H2H in Comp mode, the flaws of the game tend to gloss over a bit more... It can be a blast to play. When it's all said and done, any horsecrap that lands in your lap from the lacking AI and wonky animation glitches is more than likely going to come back around and smack your opponent in the face as well. Now it's still far too glitch-ridden to be a ready-for-prime time eSports title... but yea... you can do worse for a H2H game. I mean, they starting selling NBA Live again.

I'd personally give it an overall recommendation.. but it's still a rather large and undeniable bummer how stagnant it's been overall from the PS2 era until today, especially compared to things like NBA2K and The Show. I've only bought three of the last eight releases because I know there is no point to buying it more often from a gameplay perspective.