View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
scitychamps87
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Do You Edit Ratings in CFM?

Just wondering what you guys do about the following situation and other similar ones in your CFM:

Your young #1 QB is having a terrible season. You have a reliable veteran backup on hand. The vet comes in and lights the league on fire like a Case Keenum. Wins games. Maybe even gets you to the playoffs.

Do you compare his season stats to another starting QB and edit his ratings upwards accordingly even if he's a late bloomer? (let's say your vet put up numbers similar to Matt Stafford that year)

Or do you simply let this guy's overall rating sit in the mid 70s?

In my view, I don't usually touch ratings unless I have to correct for something Madden didn't account for that happened in real life. I think CFM doesn't do a good job of reflecting Case Keenum like situations. If I have a 27 year old veteran who takes me to the playoffs and puts up starter numbers, his accuracy ratings shouldn't regress, they should reflect his new status. I personally would edit the QB to make him starter caliber but wouldn't adjust traits like arm strength and would probably keep the accuracy ratings in proportion to each other (short, mid, deep).

Let me know how you handle this.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove