View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #12
Devaster
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do You Edit Ratings in CFM?

I edit ratings to fix regression issues that are more realistic, like others have mentioned. EA really did a poor job with regression. Every position regressing at age 28-29 is unrealistic. Medical advances, nutritional advances, and conditioning advances have all extended the careers of many positions in the NFL. Age 30 is the new age 35 for a lot of positions. We are seeing a lot of QB's play to age 40. WR's playing into their mid 30's. Even some RB's having extended careers. So I do my best to adjust this.

I edit to fix weight on some players on my team and around the league to make them better "size" fits for their schemes. Nothing crazy though, just 5-20 lbs usually. Not taking a 240lb guy and making him a 300+ lb interior defender or something.

I edit positions of some players around the league because the CPU tends to screw up sometimes when hiring a new coach and has a scheme change. Like the Atlanta HC mentioned he is going to move Vic Beasley back to DE in 2018 as a pass rusher and he wasn't properly used as a LB in 2017. I also edit FA's with position changes if it can improve their OVR and maybe the CPU will then add those players to their active rosters. This usually only works when converting 4-3 run stopper, 3-4 versatile, and 3-4 run stopper DE's to DT's. Not many other position changes improve a player's OVR. But at least it gives those players a chance at starting for a CPU team.

I have also gone back and edited ratings of players around my league (in my 4th season now 2020) that better reflect some of the breakout players in 2017 that might have been missed when I first started my franchise back in October. I let the CPU pick them up as FA's if they were in the FA pool, which they usually are. And with 2017 over and done with I won't need to edit players around the league like this any more to account for some missing breakout players.

I don't edit ratings beyond that though. I let the XP sliders do their work and progress players normally.

Last edited by Devaster; 02-15-2018 at 12:24 PM.