View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #170
grilled_rooster
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Hello Aestis!

I'm from Germany and i played in a few 32-man CFM leagues since M17. But as you mentioned: all 6-/7-min. Quarter Leagues are arcade-style.
Since I will move soon, I had to drastically reduce my playing time. So i did quit all my leagues last week. since I had enough of the whole youtube plays/arcade style anyway, that is not inconvenient.
So i want to go all sim ... in Germany :-D The NFL-Hype-Train is rolling. But most guys play MUT and/or play CFMs with unadjusted gameplay sliders.
Currently, I'm thinking hard about how a league might look like that gives you the real NFL feel. As soon as the concept stands, I will start it sometime in the next few months to find people or to get people excited about the idea. The "real" league start will then be at Madden 19. Madden 18 will be used as a test phase.
I have 1 1/2 year experience as a commissioner. I don't know if i will be able to find 31 other guys for a 32 man league. But i hope so. As far as I know, this will probably be the first real SIM league in Germany.

Your XP-Sliders sound very promising!

I'm just a bit worried about the game time per game. How long does an average game last for you?

I've already got a few people excited about my league idea. They will still want to play 2-3 arcade leagues as they play there with certain people for 2-3 years. Many players like me (I'm 37 years old) have family and a job. There is therefore little playing time in the evenings. My league would be something like the German Afterwork Football League ;-) I really like the name very well.

I have some more questions:
- Is your league running in Slow oder in Normal speed? In your league rules i found "normal", in your gameplay sliders you always use "slow"
- Why do you sim every second season? What's the reason? Is the draft also simulated and contract extensions?

Greetings from Germany!

Stephan